Sunday, February 23, 2014

Indian Kid - Finished Work

Phew, all finished! As it turns out - like always over here in Finland - when a FINNISH website promises you an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) of your purchased product on one day - Monday, in my case - with a 0.1% chance it will arrive on time but on the other hand with a 99.9% chance, your product will arrive five days after that ETA date. So very, very typical.. Anyway, to conclude from this my Painter X3 software arrived on Friday afternoon instead of four days earlier as promised, you can imagine that I had to get to working right away after wasting three quarters of my ski holiday waiting around for that box to arrive. Though I do have to admit, this software right here is worth the wait without doubt.

Anyway, here we go. Last week's outcome:


From here on I just began blocking in the fur and feathers on the right side, which believe you me, took many, oh so many, hours to finesse into something suitable. After developing the fur and adding on all the correct details with all the twists and turns you can imagine that fur has in it, I could begin on the feathers that emerge from the fur. This was actually a very easy and delightful job after finishing that pesky fur, it did not require much detail since most likely it won't be my focus point in the image. Of course, as I was finishing up the fur and adding my feathers, I go distracted and decided to add some color to the picture as I had mentioned in the last post. I added a new layer just to see whether it would work out as well as it does in my head and whether I could make the beeds pop out slightly with moderation of course. You can see the outcome below. 


After doing a few touch ups on the beeds holding the fur and on the fur overall, I had one more task left on this image: the background. This was a task I could execute with ease, I just reset my Digital Airbrush to its original setting with a size of about 50 and opacity of 9-10%. This gives me a nice rounded out brush that will lightly darken or lighten the background however I choose. After getting the shapes right in order to achieve a nice mystical fog look, I whipped out an extremely handy blender tool called the Blur, which allows me to soften up the rough edges of my background mist and works as a space filler instead of grabbing the attention from the Indian kid. Without further ado, I present to you, first of all, my original sketch and then the original work I've just finished working on. Quite a difference ain't it? 



As you can see, my blur tool has worked out quite well with the background without drawing too much attention but still works as a space filler and brings a bit of softness to the picture. I also do enjoy the little light spec that the beeds deliver to the total ensemble. The best thing here is, after adding my signature on the bottom left, I can say that this project is finally FINISHED. Phew, I was ready for something new by now. 

I haven't been able to start anything new today since I got caught up in the last day of the Olympics in Sochi, so that took up my entire day..  Not to say I'm a big sports person, I just think it is my obligation as a human being, I guess. Anyway to conclude, next week I am hoping to begin something new and exciting mostly because I'm really getting used to the software and I think I can take on something fairly serious or even challenging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment